On a handful of fall mornings at Cornbelly's, you'll see the sights and hear the sounds of children laughing, learning and playing. We're excited to carry forward the tradition of educating students about agriculture at our Spanish Fork farm (there are no field trips in Lehi) and believe it's important that all children learn where their food comes from. It just so happens that we're able to help accomplish that goal in a fun and unique way and invite you to bring your students to come get lost in our classroom in the corn!
1. Online curriculum materials for you to share with your students either before or after a visit to our farm
2. A trip through the corn maze with an educational passport
3. A "learning chat" with one of our field trip coordinators - a retired teacher from the Nebo School District
4. A hayride around the farm
5. A turn on the Jumbo Jumper for each student
6. Barnyard activities and ropes course
7. A Kernel Cornbelly bookmark for each student to take home. This includes a voucher for a free return visit to Cornbelly's for each student (with a paid adult)
8. A sunflower (Sept) or small pumpkin (Oct) for each student while supplies last.
9. There are picnic tables and a grass area where you are welcome to bring your own lunches and eat if you'd like. We will have a few snacks/drinks available for purchase as well.
*To keep our field trip rates as low as possible and the focus on education, we have a smaller staff during field trips and some of the Cornbelly activities are not open or included.
When Are Field Trips?
Field trips are self-guided and the length of time depends on your pace, but we estimate up to 90 minutes on average. Visits will be held between 9 am-1 pm, by reservation only, at our Spanish Fork location on:
September 19, 20
October 17, 18
*Homeschool Day - Sept. 20
How Much Does It Cost?
- $5/student or chaperone
- One free chaperone is admitted for every 10 students. Special needs classes will receive a free chaperone ratio of 1 for every 3 students.
- All groups must have at least 10 students to qualify.
- A business license (or similar documentation) is required from pre-schools to receive the field trip rate. Documentation should be brought on the day of the field trip.
- A $50 deposit must be made at the time of reserving your field trip online. Any balance owing will be paid when you arrive for your field trip.
- To make payment, please bring a credit card with you on the day of your visit.
- Entire group must be paid for in one transaction.
- Official school checks will be accepted if necessary and should be made out to Cornbelly's.
Hands-on learning experiences are always best when students have been prepared for what they are about to encounter and are able to then discuss what they learned afterwards. We are pleased to offer our Classroom in the Corn learning series to make your field trip more exciting and memorable ... as well as a better learning experience. These Teacher Resource Guides are broken into separate grade ranges and each include: activity goals, National Curriculum Standards, preparation required, materials needed, worksheets, and step-by-step instructions. Upon scheduling your field trip, you will receive a password allowing you to download the materials.
"My favorite thing is letting the kids play to their heart's content...they are SO tired and euphoric by the time we leave!"
- Micki Cottam
We love our annual trip to Cornbelly's. It wouldn't be fall without it!
- Kid Junkies Blogspot
fun on the farm
"It was like taking my kids to Disneyland...we had that much fun!"
- Zaugg Blaugg Blog